Forget what you see on TV or social media. Vaping is a concept passed down in history from 1542 AD when Irfan Sheikh invented the first Hookah to what we now know as e-cigarettes.
Vaping has evolved over the years, and despite the tremendous popularity, so many people are yet to know exactly what vaping is. Don’t worry, however, it’s not rocket science. With a few insights about the concept, you are on your way to becoming a real e-cig expert.
But first, a few quick-fire ‘’did-you-know” facts about vaping and e-cigarettes
- Did you know that according to www.gov.uk, vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking? Actually, according to the America Heart Association, vaping is significantly and exponentially less harmful than smoking. Also, vaping can help cigarette smokers quit
- The Royal College of Physicians considers vaping as the first proven and genuine way of helping smokers quit nicotine dependence as the benefits outweigh the risks
- If you smoke more than a packet of cigarettes per day, it would cost you 40% less per year if you were vaping instead. A pack of cigarette per day amounts to $1000 per year. The average cost of vaporizers is set at $600 over the same period.
So, what exactly is vaping?
Vaping is simply inhaling vapor from an electronic cigarette or in this case vaporizer. The vaporizer is designed to extract vapor from e-liquids, concentrates or herb.
What parts make up a Vaporizer?
Basically, a vaporizer consists of batteries, an atomizer, cartridges, and the main console. The atomizer has a heating element that uses battery power to heat up the vaping element and give out vapor for inhalation.
How to clean your vape device
So, you expect that the next doorbell will be that of the delivery guy with your vape. You are obviously keyed upon starting. However, this is not just a normal piece of equipment you stash away after use until the next time you need it. Your little piece of smoking apparatus needs some loving and care, just like your gaming controller or hoverboard.
Do you want your vaporizer to serve you with honor and pride? Here’s how you make sure that you get the right vape taste and flavor tingles every time you fire it up.
A quick rinse
Perform a quick rinse before every vaping session especially if you are switching flavors, or haven’t vaped for a while. To do this, you’ll need warm water in a bowl, dish soap, and paper towel.
- Detach the console from the mod
- Remove any remaining vaporizer element
- Open up the tank
- Clean the components with warm water and a few drops of dish soap
- Use the paper towel to dry off the components
- Reattach the components and refill the tank
A complete clean
For a complete clean, the secret ingredient is alcohol. Yes, alcohol. Makes sense right? Well, alcohol can break down even the tiniest of residue in those hard to reach spaces. Vodka would work best for our purposes.
- Detach the console from the mod
- Remove the remaining vaporizing element or e-juice
- Open up the tank and detach all the components
- Use high-proof vodka for the best results and use it to break down the residue in and around the vapebox tank
- Rinse with warm water and leave out the components to dry
So, there you have it! That’s how you take care of your vape. At the end of the day, how clean your vaporizer is all on you. Just remember, the cleaner it is, the better your vaping session will be.
How to choose the best vaporizer
What model suits you? – There are several types of vaporizers out there, from small, lightweight e-cigs that resemble a normal cigarette to vaporizers the size of a flashlight.
Buy a starter-kit – if you are new to the world of vaping, you might want to get a starter kit. Decide if you want pre-filled or refillable starter kits.
Ask an expert – an expert could be your second cousin with enough vaping experience, your retailer or a member of an online vaping forum. They will tell you the real deal as to what exactly is vaping.
Feel free to check our favorite vaporizers for 2018: